We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies are acceptable in cases of rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well-being of the mother (Job 3:16; Psalms 51:5; 139:14-16; Is. 44:24; 49:1,5; Jer. 1:5; 20:15-18; Luke 1:44).
We believe that God created the universe in six literal 24-hour periods. We reject evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and Theistic Evolution as unscriptural theories of origin (Genesis 1-2; Ex. 20:11).
Divorce and Remarriage
We believe that God hates divorce and intends marriage to last until one of the spouses dies. Divorce and remarriage is regarded as adultery, except on the grounds of fornication. (Mal. 2:14-17; Matt. 19:3-12; Rom. 7:1-3; 1 Tim. 3:2, 12; Titus 1:6).
We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. Any staff of the ministries engaging in sexual relations outside of the marriage relationship, shall be terminated from employment. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4).
We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of a man and a woman. (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23).
We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position before God but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual functions for men and women in the home and in the church. The husband is to be the loving leader of the home, and men are to be the leaders (pastors and deacons) of the church. Accordingly, only men are eligible for licensure and ordination into the ministries of the church. (Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:18; 1 Tim. 2:8- 15; 3:4-3, 12).
The Charismatic Movement
Cedine Bible Mission is not in agreement with the Charismatic Movement but does stress the ministry of the Holy Spirit and believes that every believer needs to be genuinely Spirit-filled. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is essential in redemption, in baptizing the believer into the body of Christ at the time of his salvation, in filling and empowering him for godly living* and effective service, and in sovereignly bestowing gifts which enable him to exercise a fruitful spiritual ministry for the good of the Church, the body of Christ. *(The filling of the Holy Spirit is demonstrated by our daily godly lifestyle, not by speaking in tongues.) The approved policy states that Cedine Bible Mission categorically rejects the teaching and practices of the Charismatic Movement, with its emphasis on the first century sign gifts, and will not tolerate either the propagation or practice of such activities on the camp or conference grounds. We believe that it is better for individuals who do not agree with this policy to serve with those with similar views.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Holy Scriptures, as originally given, to be the verbally inspired Word of God, absolutely authoritative and infallible.
- We believe in one God existing in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit–co-equal and eternal.
- We believe that man was created in innocence but fell in Adam and is now totally unable to retrieve himself from his lost condition.
- We believe that salvation has been provided through the substitutionary sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ, who was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered and died for our sins upon the cross, rose from the dead, ascended to God’s right hand, and is coming again in power and great glory.
- We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, formed by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that all believers are members thereof and are a holy and royal priesthood.
- We believe in the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the eternal judgment of all who reject our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Christ instituted the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper to be observed until He comes.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of all who are saved to seek to win others to Christ.